MamaDog Woofs

Monday, February 20, 2006

A Jenna WOOF!



A big WOOOOF to Jenna, Susan's little whippy girly!

A bunch of us joined Susan at the dog show in Greenville on Saturday to watch her boy Jubil show in Confirmation, then Susan compete with Jenna in Rally/Novice B. They were the second team to show and she got a perfect score! Jenna adores me and I love her right back, along with her mommie. :-) It was a real joy to watch that 'working' change come over Jenna. She went into serious mode, did what she was supposed to do, and walked away perfect! When asked she even gave a demonstration of a 'finish', right there in the middle of a crowd with barely walking room in front of her. She had eyes only for my momma and trusted her to tell her everything she needed to know. :-) Susan wasn't able to stay for a run-off because of prior committments at home but that score is AWESOME!

We also found out that Jubil has no hearing on one side. I'm very sad for him and for Susan, and am sending out lots of prayers for strength and healing. Saturday I'll go with her to have him checked at our vet while we're hoping for a miracle.

Unfortunately none of the action shots from the day came out on my digital. I don't know if it was the lighting, or the movement, but they're all very dark and too fuzzy to see much. I got the scoreboard shot though. LOL Congrats to Jenna, Jubil, and their mommie Susan for a good day in competition. Thanks for letting us share the day with you!

We went from there to Cheeseburger in Paradise for a relaxing lunch with all my wonderful greyhound friends. Where would I be without them??? I am so thankful for the grace that they deal with the pressures of what we do, and the love they extend to me and our group. Seeing the confidence in their eyes that we're together, and we're strong, is my most powerful motivation to keep going every day. This was a weekend of highs and lows, including three dogs adopted but one dog transferred out of GC. I choose to remember the good parts and trust that my friends are there believing right alongside me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home