MamaDog Woofs

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Greetings to my Grandma



Every year, our family has a little friendly competition to see who's crocuses come up first. My grandmother and mom still live in northern IN, juuuuust south of Lake Michigan and therefore in the dreaded 'lake effect snow' corridor. I, on the other hand, moved to warm South Carolina with NO snow in sight. Grandma always says that's no fair....when I win, it doesn't really COUNT. She's probably right, but I can't ever resist sharing that first dose of wonderful golden orange anyway.

This year, the poor little things popped their heads out to welcome the spring....and I ran over them! Robert found them after I backed out to leave for work. Nevertheless they're still there, trying hard to survive and spread their sunniness every time I walk by.

While photographing them to prove to Grandma I WIN, I found these first daffodils under a bush in the protected part of the yard. Spring is coming!

1 Comments:

  • Poor little brave, squashed things. At least they're up. We still have snow on the ground here in Northern Indiana. However, I do have fresh lettuces coming up in my cold frame. We may have fresh salads yet! Long time before I'll see crocus Here.

    and also.....you cheat!

    By Blogger Trailshome, at 11:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home