MamaDog Woofs

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Down in the Hollow





I turned 41 on Monday. Now, finally, I am officially "over 40"....guess I might as well get used to it.

But, since it HAD to happen, I can't think of many better ways to spend my birthday weekend! We moved Paula to Purdue University for her final year in school, sending her far away but to Indiana near the places we know and love as a family. She's got the cutest little house that will surround her with comfort as she embarks on this final push to the end. I can't wait for the day when we can finally call her DOCTOR P.

Saturday we cut loose from the work and headed to Turkey Run State Park, my absolute favorite place in the world. She had never been there with me and it was a special joy to share it together. Along for the trip was her guy Jim and we all boxed together down in 'my' hollow. Zoe decided the comfy Inn lobby, with it's old warm wood and burning fire, sounded much better than a walk in the cold and mud. It just worked out perfectly to meet Mom and Daddy Jim there for comfort food in the dining room too. What an awesome day! We've never done anything like that together and it was a special gift to me that we could make it happen. The picture below is how Paula feels about sitting on cold stone just to box with her sister. :-)

We did more boxing on Sunday with Uncle Dave (Terre Haute and the surrounding areas) and Monday on my actual birthday (Indiana surrounding the interstate between Indy and Cincinnati) but Turkey Run was just extra-special. Instead of a cake I had 3 wonderful, much-anticipated Cincinnati Chili hotdogs complete with grated sharp cheddar cheese and plenty of napkins. Two cans of chili for later tucked under my arm (thanks ZoeMomma!), we headed south and back to my normal life. I had the chance to get hugs from my favorite people though, and in my favorite place too! A nice weekend with great memories. Thanks guys. :-)

1 Comments:

  • Oooooh I wanna be there, just walking, slowly, and listening to the birds' song.

    The feeling that radiates from those rocks is old, calm and peaceful.

    All's right witht the world when you walk down trails like that.

    By Blogger Trailshome, at 7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home