MamaDog Woofs

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Connor Alexander Getson, Part 1



Soon, very soon, we'll be able to welcome our little Connor to the world!

Today was Stacey's baby shower for our family's second grandchild. I know, I'm not a grandma by blood, but I feel a connection that's difficult to describe. Stanley and Cynthia's daughter Emily chose MeMe as her name for me when she started to talk. It's music to my ears, I can assure you! Little Connor can call me anything he wants too, just so long as he calls me. :-) Today, we walked around talking about Connor making him real in our world and letting Stacey know that her family and friends are as excited as she is.

The picture above is from Connor's 3D ultrasound-- Robert and I were thrilled to have the opportunity to give that experience to Stacey, Jake, and our whole family. This technology is just simply indescribable. It's like, somehow we're being allowed into a sacred place....the world before birth in a place that's secret to only the mother and child. I feel honored. Even though I know it's technology, it's still magical.

1 Comments:

  • what a cutie! Looks like he can't wait to get out into the world and meet his family!

    By Blogger Trailshome, at 7:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home