MamaDog Woofs

Sunday, June 18, 2006

One in a Million

Once in a while, in a rare gift from life, truly special people come into our worlds and stay. They move right in, become part of our family, and it feels as if they've just been there forever. I have been blessed with one of those people.

In fact, I was blessed to be a part of the VERY DAY this person came into my family. I was there to witness the magic and knew things would never be the same... They slipped off their shoes, touched the earth together, and formed a circle that would include everyone there in the magic with them. Even if I hadn't already been convinced LONG before that, I would have known then that I was in the presence of something very special.

And with that, Jim was in my life to stay. :-)

He makes my mother happy, so we really could stop there because that's what counts. He doesn't though. He has included me in his life too, in a way I never could have hoped for. Today is for Jim and all the humor, intelligence, and experiences he brings to our family. You are a true gift, Jim, and we're blessed to have you. I see within you an artist, razor-sharp mind, hiker, writer, chef, crossword puzzles in PEN......and yet still a sense of relaxed humor that allows you to talk to statues for a good picture. A funny, funny man....and I'm honored to call you Daddy.

Much love from your FAVORITE daughter! (big grins and hugs) I'm not sure there's another person in the world who would have done this with me. (laughing, see below...can you find the coffee cup?)

Kimster (Photography Partner in Crime)


2 Comments:

  • Ahh.....but you have to admit.....

    Sometimes the fun is in getting them to do things TOGETHER worth shaking their heads over. (big grin)

    By Blogger GreyCrazy, at 2:32 PM  

  • Aaaaaah, but I have the most fun, watching two people I love trying to top each other in their fun times. What a lucky person I am!

    By Blogger Trailshome, at 7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home