MamaDog Woofs

Saturday, January 31, 2009



My sister Paula is about 15 weeks along now, and I learned something that changed my world. Already, her baby has fingerprints!

Already, only fifteen weeks along in life, the is a total, complete individual. Never in the history of Man has there been another like him! He is special, precious, and growing by every minute of every day....and already he is a totally unique little human being. Never before, and never again, will there be another!

I've had the incredible opportunity to become MeMe to three beautiful grandchildren. My experience with each was different through pregnancy, ending with the priceless chance to be in the room when Adam was born. They are all precious to me and are absolutely individuals too. My brother Andy and wife Jess live in Indiana and I love regular updates and pictures of my niece Anna. I wouldn't trade one minute of time or chance at experience to have watched them grow and change, to learn their own minds and what they can do.

This child though, seems to be hitting me in a different way. This time Paula has invited me to be with her for every doctor's appointment and I'm seeing it in a different perspective. I've enjoyed watching the progress, learning what's happening each week, and going from 'peanut' to 'lime' to 'shrimp' to our current 'lemon' status. Hearing the heartbeat for the first time was a miracle. I can't believe he can grasp, grimace, and even suck his thumb! And NOW....I find out he already has fingerprints!! Surely no Aunt was ever so proud. (grinning)

By the way, it's a he. :-) We won't know officially for another month (assuming the ultrasound at that point will cooperate) but I just know somehow. I've seen the baby as a boy literally since the first moment I knew she was expecting. I was right for the three grandchildren so we'll see whether I'm 4 for 4.

Regardless, he or she has fingerprints! A tiny, beautiful, total little person unique in the universe...our own little miracle.

2 Comments:

  • Oh, for a lovely little girl....who will give her momma fits as she gave her momma.

    Ma

    By Blogger zoemomma, at 7:41 PM  

  • There is something different when it's your sister that is expecting. I didn't have so many of these moments while Susan was pregnant because I was too far away to be a part of that, but the first time I held Joy I thought that my heart was going to explode. Enjoy him/her...and post pictures!

    By Blogger Nancy E. Dunne, at 1:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home